Thursday, September 18, 2008

Skewing the Age Range

I'm quite sure that I have never skewed the age range in a room quite so much to the older side. My first trip to Gordon was eye opening, my eyes kept popping open thinking - "they look 12." The student I was eating with kept chuckling, and then pointed to someone and said "He doesn't look 12." I turned to see one of the cafeteria workers who was there when I was in school. Just for the record - campus workers don't count!
Feeling old was only solidified when after three hours I couldn't remember certain world capitals, like, say - Baghdad. (Sorry Dan.) I did manage to get some of the continents right on that part of the quiz though. (Who gives a quiz on the first day of class!? - oh, me...). Then there was the student next to me who asked "Was this building here when you were a student." Now, with many new buildings on campus this was not a total shock - but we were in the library building. It doesn't even look new!
Other than feeling closer in age to the prof than the students our class is going well. We are auditing, so we don't have to do all the work. (Thus we will not be writing the 25 page research paper!) We would still like to do as much as we can though, so we have been studying a lot. One of this weeks books is Six Dangerous Questions to transform your World View. So far a very interesting, and thought provoking read.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I wish I had the motivation to go back to school... I Don't!

You two have amazed me once again. (Why am I amazed? Anyway…) It's wonderful to feel your excitement through your entries. See this is why your still here, you just needed a little MORE under your belts. Keep up the good and faithful work... I'm rooting for an A!!!

I love the 2 of you very much,
Love always Carrie

Anonymous said...

Wow I am (shall I say it?) jealous!! I have been thinking alot about school lately. Being here in Strafford and spending sooo much time at the school makes me want to maybe be an aide or something. Anything but the lunch lady!! haha
I like the side perk theat you two get to spend the time together on the ride to and from!! Almost kinda like a date nite??? Well if my hubby can call going to a cabinet meeting a date then certainly a 45 min drive can be!! haha again!! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!!! 2 more weeks and I can come HOME!!!!!!

STR said...

I did come to your blog and I plan on coming a lot more often know that I have it marked as a favorite.

Steve