Monday, April 27, 2009

Bikes and Bags

We just saw a great commercial by Cadbury. It shows one bike (and rider), which gradually transforms from a normal bike to an ambulance. The ambulance is just the bike, pulling a man on some sort of cot like thing. It then transforms into a water truck, by hanging jugs all over it. Later comes a school bus, by putting children on the bar, the handle bars, the back fender, etc...
Cool ad, but even cooler is that Cadbury is using your UPCs to send 5,000 bikes to Africa. Africa, where a bicycle really is all those things. How very perceptive of them, and I must say a brilliant idea.
Another brilliant idea we discovered this evening - the grocery store was charging 5 cents for every plastic bag you use for your groceries. What an encouragement that is to use cloth bags...too bad we didn't have any. I wonder, if they started to do that in NH would more people start using the cloth bags? I would certainly remember them more often.

We had a very good presentation at Bridgewater Baptist Church this evening. We were able to share about TCKs and also our need for prayer and financial support. One of the women on the missions committee is a former missionary to Bolivia. It was nice to be able to make the connection to her children being TCKs. The committee had a lot of good questions, and though we were nervous going in we feel that the presentation went very well.
Friday night we have a bigger scale presentation at Ken's home church. Please pray that we will be able to increase our support through this and the other two presentations we have before we head home.

Remember those cloth bags!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can't agree with you more... I would certainly remember my cloth bags more often if I had to pay for each plastic bag I use.

I will continue to pray for the few presentations you have left. After talking with you today now I really can't wait till you get home. Miss you a heap!

With all my love, Carrie