Friday, October 23, 2009

Blessed be the name!

Wow, I knew from the start of the year that our choir would be good, but I had no idea how good. They really pulled together and sang their hearts out in chapel yesterday. For me, though, the best part was how well received they were by their peers. Especially with music, peers can be a difficult audience, but not so yesterday. As the choir sang its last note, some of the students jumped to their feet clapping and there were many screaming members of the audience. It brought tears to my eyes! I am really proud of this group, and I think we have a wonderful year ahead of us!
This is a video, though incomplete, of their performance yesterday - hope you enjoy!

8 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Well you have a comment now. They did an excellent job. You have not changed a bit in your directing. Can't wait to hear the next performance. This brought a lump to our throats as well.

Love ya

Jonathan said...

They sounded awesome Joy!!! It was great seeing the back of you :). Miss you guys.
Laura

Carrie said...

Well I'm not going to lie...

Not only did I get a lump in my throat, my heart gave a thud and tears fell from my eyes. I'm not sure if I was crying do to the amazing performance or do to watching Joy direct a choir again. I'm leaning toward seeing Joy's passion again...

Oh Joyful, I love you tons, it was wonderful to see you do your THANG!

By the way... You're doing an amazing job with those kids!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job for you and the choir. Look forward to hearing the next performance even if it is online. I miss seeing you direct at church but I'm so happy that you are all there together and ministering to those in Guatamala.
Love ya,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Joy,

I just got to see this. Awesome! You direct with the enthusiasm you always have had. It was great!

Love,

Aunt Helen

The Klanderman Family said...

Magnificent! Oh the tears...absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see what lies ahead!

Anonymous said...

Great job Joy...it was good to see you conduct!! I miss those days :) The kids did a great job!

Anonymous said...

the last comment was me Joyful, just trying to figure this out...Love ya
Dienne