Monday, January 20, 2014

To go beyond

I had a great opportunity while we were on furlough...okay I had many, but one is particularly relevant to this post.  I was privileged to attend a vision casting meeting at a local school, as they seek to improve and build up their fine arts program.  It was inspiring in many ways,  and by the end of the weekend I was really feeling compelled to use my gifts and talents to reach beyond the walls of CAG.

I don't know exactly what form that will take, but have already had a great meeting with our administration,  and have been asked to address the board at their next meeting.   (That part has me a little nervous.)  Prayers for me to cast a clear vision would be much appreciated.

So far the director of the school has asked me to pursue building a prestigious, traveling children's choir.  His hope is that we could, using CAG students and other MKs, have an outstanding choir which could start by visiting local schools and presenting Christ through our music and some speaking time.

I have also been asked by a Music Camp Guatemala founder to pursue starting a choir for Guatemalan children which would be run from a Christian perspective and have a discipleship through music idea.

We'll see where God is leading and just how he is going to get us there.

As always thanks for your prayers and financial support which make our ministry here possible.   You are a blessing to so many families through our family!  Please continue to pray that our support team would grow.

Blessings!  JRE

No comments: