Monday, August 31, 2009

6th Grade, Leather hat, and Mac Badness

Greetings from Guatemala! I've not said much lately... mainly because by the time I get home and we get the kids in bed I've been pooped.

Joy volunteered me to the principal to be a home room advisor. The principal asked me if I really was interested and I said, "Sure!" So, I'm one of three advisors for the 6th grade. There are fourteen kids (10 boys and 4 girls). They're awesome. They all have a lot of energy. I cannot remember what it was like to be in the sixth grade. I remember my teachers (Mr. Varner & Mrs. Peterson) but beyond that, nada.

Today I led our home room devotions on "bordom". They didn't seem too bored during it, so I guess that was a good sign.

One thing I've always wanted, yet never actually bought, was a nice hat. Not a baseball hat. Well, my waiting is over. I picked up a nice leather hat at the Guatemala City market this past weekend. At Q100 (about $12.50) how could I go wrong, eh? I look forward to breaking it in.

Anyone whose known me the last two years knows I've converted to Mac for pretty much everything. Well, when Joy and I arrived on campus the number of Macs on campus doubled. Then add in Jordan's Mac and we've jumped from two to five.

My bosses Mac recently had issues with the video card. The technicians diagnosed it as a a faulty motherboard. Well, thanks to his Time Machine and external hard drive we were able to save all his data. Sadly it wasn't all roses but I think in the end we'll end up alright.

As I was leaving today I was reprimaded by my bosses wife. She said, "Ken, you have to be more punctual at leaving on time." Yeah, you read that right... CAG truly is family first.

Well, that about does it.

-knme

No comments: