Monday, August 17, 2009

Loops

We have been awfully busy these past few days, so sorry we haven't written anything. Friday we started Orientation, which was great. We didn't learn a ton of new stuff, but enough to be a little overwhelming. Today we started Teacher In-Service, so vacation is officially over - all 2 weeks of it. It is going to be a busy couple of weeks that's for sure!

I did learn some very interesting thing at a "class" on Connectivism. Basically various ways to use the internet better to help us in our classrooms. Some cool sites I had never heard of - and google things I had that I didn't know about. My two new favorite things today were glogster and ning. Check 'em out my teacher friends. (Of course half you North American's probably already know about them.) So - I now feel like I'm a little more in the loop.

I feel way out of the loop with NH news though. While looking on facebook I saw a bunch of sympathy messages on a friend's page, and had to go look it up. Praise God for the internet. So,
if you think of it - please pray for Mike and Autumn Allen and their family. A few years ago Mike's mom was killed while walking in Dover, and now his little brother has been tragically killed in a drowning accident. Mike and Autumn were friends of Joy's from High School, and we also took a baby class together when Joy was pregnant with Abigail. Thanks!

We hope to update you soon, but may not be too creative - w

No comments: