Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trying to Stay Thankful

So, I (Joy) am trying to just be thankful that we have health care, and not really frustrated. My procedure which was scheduled for tomorrow, which would allow me to be comfortable for the first time in six weeks, will not be happening. It's really my own fault. The doctor told me I had to call the insurance company and make sure that they pre-authorized the procedure. This little step I forgot, I'm not accustomed to needing to do that. Geesh, in the States when I needed this done they just did it. So tonight I called our insurance rep, she had no clue what I was talking about. It seems the authorization form was emailed to the main company and not to her, and of course the company was closed for the night, and won't open until 8 tomorrow. So, there goes that procedure. And wouldn't you know it Friday is a holiday. Thankfully my doctor will still be in the city for the morning and is willing to do the procedure early that morning, if I get the authorization tomorrow. I, personally, would rather get the authorization at 8 am and have the procedure at 10 tomorrow, but that wasn't presented to me as an option. Lovely.

Please pray that I will get some sleep tonight, I can't seem to get comfortable enough to sleep for very long. Also, pray that we will find someone to stay at the house with the kids so they don't all have to go to the hospital. Above all, pray that I will remember to be thankful - and maybe find a way to even be thankful for the pain.

1 comment:

Ed & Ruth Wilson said...

Read this this morning at about 4:30 am. Could not sleep, so got up to get on the road. We will be praying for you. Update us via email if you can as I do not know when I will be on line the next time. Love you. Mom and Dad