Friday, July 1, 2011

5:56am And We're Out of Bed?!

Here we are... very early on a Friday morning. My coffee is brewed and I'm enjoying a slice of banana bread.

In the next twenty minutes, or so (knowing the history of our family it is likely closer to the "or so"), Joy and I will start our trip into the city to an unknown hospital. Can't think of a better way to start a Friday. :o|

In all honesty this is hopefully going to help Joy feel better than she has felt in a long time. That in itself makes it all worth it.

We did not receive word of the hospital authorization until about 5:45pm last night... about 15 minutes before the company closed for the weekend (Friday is a holiday). I think we both had given up hope yesterday about that time. But at the eleventh hour God pulled out the miracle... as He usually does.

I was about 1/4 of the way through Sara's second bottle of supper when I heard a very excited, "wahoooo" (Ken's translation and spelling of Joy's exclamation) erupt from the den.

The procedure is scheduled for about 10am. It is same-day so hopefully we'll be home sometime in the later part of the afternoon.

Please be praying.

-knme

No comments: