Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wheels Up! Next Stop - Seattle!

The Lord continues to amaze us. This has all come about in the past 17 hours - I have not even had time to properly update Joy as she is at Music Camp. I sent her a message this morning but I don't know if she will get it before Saturday.

Gretchen, my lawyer, is even surprised at how fast USCIS has come back with an appointment.

I have to appear at the USCIS office in Seattle this coming Monday morning (29 June.) The oath ceremony is the same afternoon. Lord willing, I will be a naturalized US citizen by Monday supper time.

The very cool thing about this is that Gretchen had pre-scheduled vacation time beginning Tuesday morning!

Okay cool - so, what is next?
Great question! Once I'm a naturalized citizen I can file for my US passport. Gretchen is encouraging me to do this at a passport center in Seattle - just to get it done. If I cannot find it or run out of time I will do that upon my return to Dover. The processing time is, apparently, eight to ten business days. So I should have my passport on or by 10 July - which clears me to return to Guatemala. I'll finalize those arrangements once I have my passport in hand.

We continue to thank all of you for your diligent prayers and ask that you continue praying with us through the weekend and, especially, Monday.

Thanks!!
-knme

4 comments:

Rick Odess said...

Praise God !!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Will be praying for all to go smoothly!

Bambi said...

GOD is in CONTROL!!!!!!!

Bambi said...

GOD is in CONTROL!!!!!!!