Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Back from the West - Success!

First - Happy Canada Day!

What an adventure!

An unexpected trip to Dulles International, sprint to the gate at O'Hare, and two quick interviews.

My itinerary west was supposed to be Boston - Chicago - Seattle. But when I printed my boarding passes I got a free trip to Dulles. Sweet. I feel like half of the trip from Boston to Chicago was spent taxiing on the runway at O'Hare. Sprinted from terminal C to B to make it in time. Still arrived on time in Seattle Sunday night.

Gretchen and I arrived early to the 8:00 a.m. appointment. We were admitted at 8:10 a.m. and were out by 8:30 a.m. Approved. Done. Unbelievable! The oath ceremony was about 75 minutes and was really quite nice.

I enjoyed my time with Gretchen and her parents. They are amazing people. I'll say this too - Seattle-Tacoma International airport is a quite nice airport too.

I flew back Tuesday. Another sprint in O'Hare and then on to Boston.

This morning I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment at the Portsmouth Passport Center. We arrived early and were in and out by 8:02 a.m.

My return ticket to Guatemala has been secured - 22 July. The end is in sight.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed with our family during this long process. We are very grateful for all of you.

-knme

No comments: