Friday, June 27, 2008

Uniformity or Unity?

For the past few days I have been thinking about this issue within the Christian church. Does God want uniformity? No - even amongst the disciples ministry was carried out in a variety of ways. Some of them were very direct about needing financial support from the other members of the kingdom. Some were not. Some had families, some did not. But all did great works for God, which he had prepared in advance for them to do.
Does God want unity? Absolutely. Moments ago I was reading Luke 11:17, also found in Mark 3:24-25, "Any kingdom divided against itself will fall." I am thankful that we don't have to worry about Christ's kingdom falling, but we should be concerned with division in it. Division among denominations is very prevalent in Guatemala, and I feel in the North American church. It would do us all good to remember that God does not want uniformity, but he does want unity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken, Joy, Abigail, & Emma,

I love you all very much...I know that God's timing will be perfect. I do not understand God's delay, (or is it a delay?)but with you I will stand in prayer, wait, & trust!!!

With all my love,
Carrie