Thursday, November 5, 2009

Babies - Savin' and Scarin'

We arrived home yesterday to the joyous news that Abigail and Maynor had found and rescued a baby bird. It was in the driveway when they found it. So, with Maribel's help, they made it a nest and got it a dish of water. Abigail was determined to keep it for a pet, but we managed to convince her that the Mommy would come back for it. She took care of that thing like it was her own baby though!

I still haven't quite gotten used to being stared at here, curse that red hair and blue eyes! (Well, not really - but it does put me in the minority big time.) Last night I was way too tired to cook, so we decided to treat ourselves to the new McDonalds. As I was walking up to get a really yummy Chips Ahoy McFlurry, the little girl in front of me turned around. She couldn't take her eyes off me, in fact she was on her way to walking into a table. (Mom was paying no attention.) So I tried to warn her, but she just kept walking and staring - completely transfixed. There was nothing else I could do, so I steered her away from the table. Thankfully Mom had turned around at that point and could tell I was trying to help, and not kidnap. The child however, freaked out. She started screaming this awful scream. I wonder, maybe she thought I was a ghost or demon or something - and then, hhhh, I touched her. Argh!!!! And it wasn't even Halloween!

No comments: