Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stones and Cannibals

Find me another school that prompts this kind of conversation from a kindergardener:

Abs: Mommy, I want to go to China. Wait, no I don't because in China you can't go to church you'll get arrested.
J: Where did you hear that?
A: Eli (a classmate.)
J: And why is that?
A: Because the government wants everyone to worship a stone. I mean, What good does it do you to worship a stone? Can a stone help you? Duh!

Hmmm...This launched a discussion of bringing the Bible to unreached lands, how maybe in the future China will be open to missionaries and she will go there, the story of Jim Elliot. Goodness, I love that my 6 year old can carry on such intelligent conversations. I do pray that someday she will be able to hear the voice of God clearly and will follow Him wherever he asks her to go, even if that means China. We'll work on her presentation a little before then though, I don't think the "Duh" would really benefit her.