Thursday, July 24, 2008

And you're a mom...

I was talking to a missionary friend the other day about the many things on my to do list for Guatemala. Her comment was "and I bet that being a mother to two isn't on the list." Good bet! I have discovered that it is extremely difficult to get anything done during the day as far as "missionary work" goes. Most of it is the other things I have to do, but I think some of it may be discouragement. Please pray that I (Joy) will be able to find a balance, and get done what needs to be without neglecting my jobs as a wife and mother. Also, that I would still find time to relax and just vegetate. Please pray for Ken as he is working 14 hour days right now, and is exhausted already after the trip we had last week.

On a happier note - Abigail took a nap today. She NEVER does that. It was nice to be able to just sit and watch a show that wasn't animated. (Of course I should have been writing thank you notes.)

No comments: