Monday, July 21, 2008

Detours and Bible Trivia

Thanks for all your prayers. We arrived home safely late last night. We had quite the eventful trip home, compared to normal.
Ken's alarm...not loud enough, not working, not helpful
Emma's pacifier...mysteriously disappears causing a half hour "Great Hunt for the Pe-Pe"
Bible Trivia status...Joy winning
No pacifiers at the Big Stop Irving store - School books, snow globes, Tacky parking signs, OraGel, but no pacifiers.
Emma crying....finally sleeping
Bible Trivia Status....Dad winning
Lunch in Saint John, so we were a few exits early and had to navigate (without the GPS)
Emma has a reaction to the ranch dip she got all over her face - medics in restaurant say she's OK
(If I have to hear the My Little Pony song again, I might drive off the road - Thanks Mr Randolph for those videos)(Really, thanks!)
Bible Trivia status....tied
I-295 is shorter....unless of course there is that 20 mile detour onto a much slower road
BT status - Dad cheating...Joy bitter...Joy pulling it out for a win in the end - but good game Dad
Severe thunderstorm and driving rain - really couldn't see, moderately unsafe
Arrive home to discover that while our neighbors were gone for the weekend their small group completely redid their kitchen....Glad we didn't call the police when we saw strange cars and a trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eisner Family...

I was glad to have chatted this morning with you Joy. I was happy to hear that you made it home safe and sound dispite all you went through... YOU MADE IT...

Please know that my heart reaches out to you and your family, loosing a grandparent is something I remember all to clearly. I feel silly saying it, but I'm Amazed again! Our God turns all thing to be good. Look at what has transpired due to this unexpected visit home.

Ken was able to be with his siblings (I had heard it has been many years since they were all together under the same roof) and visit in there home together. Ken and Joy have been asked to make a presentation in another church in Canada, God know's who needs to hear their message. And Ken, Joy, & girls were able to see and or meet family they haven't seen in years or had never met every before.

Though you are sad and I can't help but feel your sadness, I find myself Praising His ever prevalent handy work!!!

You were held back just a bit for this very reason... Only He could have known.

Thank you LORD for Your Blessings in disguise!!

Missing you all,
Much Much love,
Carrie