Monday, July 7, 2008

Worry or Trust?

Many of us have heard this Bible passage a million times:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God.
I know it so well in my head, but it takes me time to remember it sometimes when I am stressed. At our recent orientation I heard a quote that really brings this verse home, and catches me -
"You cannot both worry and trust God. One of them has to go - you get to choose."
Whoo - now that really brings the point home.
This is an attitude that we are trying to cultivate as a family, no worry - just trust. Boy it sure takes the pressure off of us. It has been so nice to sit back, trust, and watch God do His work.
Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement. I encourage you all to take the above verse, and quote to heart. Which one will you choose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Point taken.

though I tell myself not to worry, I DO... I know I struggle with this one...it's not easy to let go and just completely trust. I think it is our human nature to worry, I know that it gets me right were I shouldn't be.

Thank you Joy for your encouragement today...I love you bunches and bunches. I enjoyed spending time with you at the pool the other day, we should have dinner with the kiddy's and the hubby's soon:)

I'll bring the rubarb pie!!!

with all my love,
Carrie