Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home again!

Ahhh..we may not be really settled in yet, but after spending only 1 night all sleeping in the same room, which was a bit smelly, we are very happy to be back in our own house. We still don't have a van, but a friend of ours from CAG is going to let us borrow her car while she is in the states. We could have stayed another night in Antigua, but as Joy got the lovely ghiardia bug today, we just wanted to be home. Hopefully soon, maybe even tomorrow, we will be able to go looking for a new bed. Only 15 days until our first visitors arrive, which means 15 days to paint and find a new bed for the spare room.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Woohoo... I am so thankful!

Joy I know how it feels to have ghiardia (remember) I got it when visiting Guatemala in 2005. Just keep taking the 10 meds. that Andrew gave you you'll probably feel better on the 2nd and 3rd day:)

So glad Ken and Cindy will be there in 15 days I'm excited with you for their arrival.

Have fun shopping for a new bed and keep looking to Him!

I love U guys, Carrie

Carrie said...

Oh I have a quick story to tell...

Sunday in the lobby after church I totally got your dad. He walked toward me as if to give me a hug, I turned to him and said “don’t hug me I’m mad at you!” Your dad was taken back saying “what, mad at me, what did I do?” He waited for an answer, I repeated the comment again. “Well then” your father said with disgust, “fine I don’t need your hugs anyway!” I had to stop the act at that point because he started to walk away. I grabbed his arm and even chased him a bit expressing that I was only joking with him. He laughed and we enjoyed a really big hug!

Well someone has to keep him in line for you, right!

Thought I'd share, I love U!

Dover Mops said...

Sorry to hear that Joy you are not feeling well.. Still wish I could send you some chicken soup. Love and Miss you guys.. Have fun with PK and Cindy.. Morgan still says "Emma" everytime we drive to the church. Why did she have to wait till you guys were about to leave to become her friend.. :) Prayers and Hugs. Jodi