Friday, July 17, 2009

Rough Start

As our van has rough starts to its day, apparently so do I (Joy.) Today the realization that I can't just call up my parents and get some help really set in. Ken and I both had a lot of homework to do, which we were too tired to do last night. Mine was an annoying page long translation about life in the fashion world - like I really care! Hello, this is me we're talking about - fashion designer I am not. It was a lot of time looking up words, and we share one dictionary. Anyway...The girls also really needed some mama time this morning. There were ants to be killed as they were climbing all over the clean dishes. The internet guy sounded like he was talking through a bad drive through speaker. I really needed to get an email sent and our newsletter started, since it's late by our standards. I just about lost it when I realized I didn't have time to make the girls the macaroni and cheese they wanted. So...today I told my teacher that I'm not doing any more homework. It will be harder for me to remember things, but I'm just reviewing anyway.
The day got much better after I had a little caffeine, okay so it was half a bottle of Pepsi. I figure it doesn't really count though, because in Guatemala they use the same word for water and soda, and agua sure doesn't have any caffeine. Some caffeine, some prayer, some scary drivers, and some time with my friend Becky and all was good again. (Though we still do miss our parents and friends!)
The van is still acting up, but only when the check engine soon light is on. A friend recommended to us tonight that maybe we should just put some black tape over the light - maybe that would trick the van. The van still drives, so we are going to wait until next week to send it in. The mechanic is going to come over tomorrow morning at 8 so that he can experience the problem first hand though. We just didn't want to be stranded at home all weekend again and be unable to go to church. Home church was fun, once, but we need that fellowship - especially now as we are leaving such a great church family behind.
Please pray that we will start to get some more sleep, and be able to find a more comfy bed. We sure have been pampered with our sleep number bed, and sheets that actually fit it. On the bright side, the new book series I got into is fully stocked at the CAG library. Woohoo!!!

2 comments:

Ed & Ruth Wilson said...

Thank you for the honest update. We continue praying for you. We to miss your calling and your being able to drop off the kiddo's. There have been a few days where we felt like doing nothing, which of course we can do. You know that we miss you all, but also know that you are in God's care.

Love, Dad

Carrie said...

ugh... My head hurts just reading about all the struggles right now, I can only imagine how yours must feel. I'm so glad we were able to skype the other day, I really needed it and it seemed as though you did as well. I love it when Greg makes you giggle and then laugh out loud while holding your stomach:)

I think you should put a piece of black tape over the C.E. light too. Maybe then you won't stress about it. Your dad called and I sent on your prayer request to Denise, so know that others are praying too. I also mentioned Abs struggle with adjusting.

I'm glad you have Ken and Becky for encouragment and comfort, I so wish I could sit with you and just listen... God knows it all and He has already prepared you for it all, look to Him ask Him for peace in all things and in every day. I have full faith that this is just a bump, soon you will be over it and continue down the (still bumpy) road. I pray that soon I will be able to travil with you right beside you in the same annoying VAN!

I Love You Very Much,
Carrie