Monday, July 13, 2009

How about you come up with a catchy title?

I just can't be creative tonight, I'm exhausted. My plan was to be in bed at 8, but thought I would give a quick update first.
We got the van back today, we are not 100% sure it is fixed as I had a couple of problems with it on the way from school to Becky's, but maybe it was just me. When we drove Jose back to the school we met up with another family. They live in our neighborhood and have a daughter just a little older than Abigail. We hope to get to know them better real soon, especially for Abigail's benefit. They were also excited to hear that I teach piano, and since they are homeschooled I could fit their lessons in during the morning. WooHoo - a perspective student (or 3?)
Our house helper, for whom I have not come up with a better term, started this morning. It was very strange to have someone cleaning around me while I was doing my Bible Study. That could be hard to get used to. I don't think it will be hard for me to get used to someone else ironing the clothes though. (No getting jealous my girlfriends - this life has its downs too.) Seriously, I may never iron again. I'll have to find someone to do it for me when we are back in the states on furlough - any takers???
We think that Maribel is going to work out well, even though it has only been one day. The girls like her a lot - though they did play her today and manage to open some gifts we were saving (and they knew it.) The only thing that we will have to work on is taking the valves out of Emma's sippy. The ants really like it when after sitting for a while the juice comes pouring out onto the dish drainer. Then they attack like, well, hungry ants on a sugar pile. Nothing a little Raid won't help.
Well, I guess it's time to sleep, this altitude and having to speak in Spanish so much is darn tiring. I can't believe that me, the night owl of the family, is heading to bed before 8:30 - loco!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey you,

I don't think your loco at all... there seems to be a lot to adjust to! So glad to hear that your van situation is probably worked out. Even more glad to hear that Abs may have found a new buddy:)

I've been praying for you, ken and more Abigail then Emma. I know that you would like to be settled into your new normal, He will help you get there I'm sure of it.

Miss you like mad, wish I could come over and sip coffee and play S.O.C. with you and Ken:(

Skype when ever you can, I'll do the same! I love U tons!!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

I just want to stand up for my little sister here and confirm her status as loco. Love ya, miss ya.
-Jon

Josh said...

Beware the ants!!!

I dropped a crumb of cereal on the counter once and didn't see it. A couple hours later, the ants were swarming it. I was seeing ants on the counter for days after that.